Friday, August 16, 2013

Here's a little more sugar

I just can’t help myself!!
Got to tell ya’ll what we did today!
I’ll make it short and sweet okay? So today the old teachers that have been here since May, were saying goodbye to their classes, they fly out on Monday.  So we shadowed them for a couple hours and spent the day at the school observing and getting to know the little cuties! For lunch our native coordinator; Tang and her brother Tong, with her parents. (We just call them mom and dad) and all the old teachers.  We went to this place called the papaya and had really good Thai food!! And the BEST FISH!! I seriously died! It was so good! I can’t believe how disgusting it looked, and how good it was to eat! I was dying! I almost ate the whole thing by myself it was so good!





 Then we taught our first class, which was what they call a “catch up class” which is basically just an extra English class that is offered at the school at the end of the school day from 4-5.  Let’s just say I hope that I get the hang of teaching quick! Not gonna lie this is going to take a lot of practice to be as good as the old teachers! But from what I’ve heard, that level of feeling a little uncomfortable with what you are doing, and feeling completely unqualified is pretty normal!
Abbey and I taught them how to make masks.... it was fun! 



We also moved in to our dorm rooms tonight. It finally feels good to get settled and to have Wi-Fi.  I can already tell how crazy it is going to be getting use to everything here. I love it like crazy! Nothing has really hit me super hard yet! I am mostly just crazy in love with everything I see. I’m in the glamour stage for sure! There are frogs everywhere! And when I say everywhere! I mean it!!  I even had a buddy with me in the shower tonight if you know what I mean ;). I could definitely live without the mesquites and the constant itching of my legs and ankles. But that’s all part of the adventure!
The saddest part is the wild dogs that are everywhere! They are really nice during the day! But during the night they turn into beasts! They travel in packs at night. And turn really vicious! We have to be back at the school by 7 every night because they are so dangerous. Which I now believe.  Last night some of the girls said that there was a pack of dogs attacking/eating a dog that was still alive… yeah. We don’t touch the dogs.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, looks like so much fun. Glad to see that you are doing great! An experience of a lifetime.

    ReplyDelete