Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Hump Day

Well folks, today marks the half way point. from here on out i am on a down hill slide. 
I have officially been here for 2 months. 
I am home sick, in the fact that i miss my family, friends, and American food.
But the thoughts of leaving Thailand, breaks my heart. I honestly love it so much here, Thailand is perfect the atmosphere is so inviting and refreshing. The people are so happy and loving, I know that a part of my heart will stay here in Thailand, I am so grateful for the opportunity i have had to come here and teach these kids, and learn of the culture. I have learned a lot about myself, and I know i will continue to grow and stretch myself for the remainder of this experience. 

As of right now I am feeling really itchy for a new adventure. We leave for a 13 day vacation next week, and that's when most of our traveling will take place. I am in the need of a vacation, you can only live in the same room with so many people for so long. I can't wait to smell the warm salty air of the ocean on these "beautiful" "unforgettable" beaches in Thailand. it will be a nice refresher that's for sure. When i get home... is it okay if i still go by Teacha Kate? because.... that is a title that will be hard to say good-bye to!!! Nothing warms my heart more than a kid saying my name!. Gosh i love it. i am so content with my life. Thank you so much for all of your support and love. I don't know if i portray how hard it can be here some times. but i think of the people back home when days get hard, and think of how lucky i am to be where i am, and experiencing this for such a short amount of time, it will be a semester i know i won't forget. I can feel myself being shaped and molded into the person i am suppose to be. I can't wait to see where the next 2 months take me.

Please pray time passes by slower, i know i will be.
We biked over 2 hours aimlessly to find these ruins. A little bit worth it :)


Our massage friend Orn took us to Phitsanulok to see a temple, run errands, and had us over for dinner, she is such a
sweet heart. It was such a fun day! Also it was the first day i had stepped foot in a car in over 2 months... it felt good.


No comments:

Post a Comment