Thursday, October 3, 2013

Chiang Mai Vaca!

A couple of weeks ago we went on our first vacation to Chiang Mai!! let me just say it was a weekend i will remember for the rest of my life! everything about it was perfect!! and the only way i can describe it is to start out by adding this little snippet in from my Head Teacher's Blog, Jess.

"A few weekends ago we had the opportunity for our first small weekend vacation. We decided to head up north to Chiang Mai for a little weekend away.

Before we had left, I had text the doctor that I work for in Salt Lake City, to see if he would fill out a reference form for me for college. He replied with a yes and asked what I was doing that weekend in Thailand...

Background information about Dr. Rachot: Dr. Rachot is from Thailand, he was born and raised here with his family until he was 13, then moved to America to get started with life and go to school in Arkansas where he became a doctor. His family still lives in Thailand so he comes back here a lot with his wife and kids and is able to see his family in Chiang Mai. His family here owns a hotel and so he has the opportunity to come back here whenever he can.

Anyways...back to an awesome weekend..

Dr. Rachot asked what I was doing that weekend.. I told him that my girls and I were headed to Chiang Mai for the weekend. He text back and said that he was in Chiang Mai and wanted all of us to come stay at the hotel/guesthouse at no charge."

We were so blessed to have Dr. Rachot take care of us like he did. he provided us with 4 rooms at the hotel, all meals at the hotel restaurant for free, (my favorite meal was the pancakes with fresh pineapple in the middle.) He took us all around Chiang Mai with his personal driver, which included, an Orchid farm, Butterfly farm, Jade Factory, Elephant show and one on one time with Elephants, Tigers, a Temple, and 2 night markets.. he paid for us at the Elephant camp, orchid farm, butterfly farm. This man is seriously the best! he had never met any of us girls, except he worked with Jess. and here he was taking care of us like this! 

He is going strait to heaven. 

I was smiling from ear to ear the entire weekend. I haven't felt so happy, and excited for a day in my entire life. by two in the afternoon on saturday we came back to the pool and laid out for a couple hours and slept, till we went shopping. Can i just say how tempting it is to buy things when the exchange rate rocks so much?? everything is so CHEAP.










Me and Abbey getting ready to see the tigers!! 















This is me and Jess at the Jade Factory.. yes i caved.. totally bought a Jade ring. don't regret it.


Mango with Sticy Rice... Covered with coconut milk...thank you very much
Shopping

Riding the Tuk Tuk home from the night Markets!!

The Pool at our hotel. Beautiful!

  
on our way home from the Temple! stopped out at the look out point. incredible view! 
Me and Abbey getting our feet nibbled off!!

At the next night market!

It was the best vacation of all time. 
We have a 13 day vacation coming up in two weeks! we are planning on going to Laos, to renew our Visas, for 2 days, Bangkok for 3 days, and flying to Krabi for 7 Days! 
This one we don't have the sweet hook up like we did the last one. so its all hostels and taxis!! I can't wait. it'll be another extremely memorable vacation i am sure! 
i am so blessed. I am constantly taking this all in. My experiences are priceless. and i am so grateful for the person I have slowly become because of the last 2 months. I can't wait for the next 2!!


No comments:

Post a Comment